You’ll feel like you’ve stepped into another world once you landed on the island. A place where all the different shades of red combine to produce spectacular sunsets.
The most breathtaking sea vistas you will ever see, as well as massive cliffs filled with gorgeous beaches, Cycladic whitewashed houses, the wonderful caldera, the remarkable volcanic beaches, and the lunar landscapes are the wondrous results of this eruption that can only be admired in Santorini.
Santorini is part of the Cyclades islands complex, which is located on the southern side of the Aegean Sea.
The island was re-shaped after a huge eruption of the volcano that occurred in the 17th century B.C. and shaped the breathtaking caldera.
Everything is in a perfect harmony in this beautiful “masterpiece.” The whitewashed edifices, blue domes, candy-colored houses, and paved roads of Santorini merge in seamlessly with the stunning surroundings, producing jaw-dropping photos that look like postcards.
A stay in a world-class hotel with an infinity pool and a Jacuzzi suspended on the caldera cliffs will awaken your senses and make your trip a memorable one. Santorini is the ideal destination to relax and unwind while on vacation. Don’t forget that Oia village is the home of the world’s best sunset!
The crescent-shaped Caldera of Santorini is the biggest gem in the Aegean and one of the most impressive places to visit in the world!
Thousands of travellers fly to Santorini each year to enjoy a vacation unlike any other in the caldera’s charming villages and admire the vistas, making it one of Greece’s most photographed destinations!
Caldera is a four mile wide basin with stunning views that can be enjoyed in Fira, Imerovigli, Firostefani, Akrotiri, Megalochori and Oia.
Things to do in Santorini
- Explore Caldera Villages with Volcano views & Sunsets
- Visit the Active Volcano
- Swim in Hot Springs near the volcano’s crater.
- Akrotiri, the Pompeii of Greece: visit the thousands-years-old ruins of the Akrotiri Minoan site. It is believed that the town was originally constructed around 4,500 B.C.
- Discover the cultural heritage in the Museum of Prehistoric Thera and the Archaeological Museum in Fira.
- Swim on Red & Black lava-sand at The famous Red Beach of Santorini
- Set sails on a boat trip around Santorini
- Jet Ski Tour around Santorini
- Hike from Fira to Oia: One of the most spectacular island hiking routes in Greece is the path that connects Fira to Oia.
- Explore the Gastronomy Scene: The most famous restaurants combine fine dining and magnificent sea views. consider having dinner at Selene Restaurant, Fira.
- Visit the small harbor of Ammoudi below Oia village: Right underneath the hill from the famous Oia village, there is a tiny fishing harbor called Ammoudi.
Although it is very small it remains quaint, hosting delicious taverns where you can savor fresh fish and seafood.
- Explore Medieval & Traditional Villages: Experience the authentic side of Santorini by visiting some of its traditional villages: Emporio, Pyrgos, Megalochori.
- Watch a Movie at Cine Kamari: The open-cinema of Santorini.